Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,735   Online: 786

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

That $0.02 part that is holding up your project.

Happened to everyone before. Your project is going well and then you realise there is a small part that you needed and can't go on without it.

Just wanted to start a tread so we can all list THAT part so perhaps someone can come up with a creative solution or offer a trade.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Retaining screws for Pentax Bellows II
    1mm set screws
    Konica Auto S2 battery cover

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    What's holding up my various projects doesn't even cost 2 cents ...... time!

I've got a good supply of film, paper, chemicals, etc., plenty of ideas, more equipment than is healthy, yet with all the other things that *have* to be done such as mending the car, maintaining the house, sorting out elderly parents, going to work and so on, the time I can devote to photography probably doesn't average more than a day a month.
    Oh, to be retired!

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Time here too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Screws for the Speed Graphic that have not been made for over 40 years.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A number of the screws I have needed to fix little camera pieces come out of dead electronic devices that my kids use and end up killing off. The latest fix was to attach a PC sync contact back onto a bracket o a TLR 80mm lens for Mamiya C serise. A sniff though the 'junk box' yielded a Nintendo DS that has a screw holding down it's pc board that did the job just fine when transferred on to the Mamiya lens set.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The screws for my 1928 4"x5" Graflex Model D are handmade so a Nintendo DS would not help.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do you know someone with a halfway decent lathe?
    It's not that difficult to cut screws.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Some countersunk, slotted brass screws to hold the front on my new/old 1890s tropical Goerz ANGO.
    Using a file, I reworked a couple of brass screws from a connector block. They look almost right but the slots are too big.

Got the camera beaten up somewhere between CA and my front doorstep and I never paid insurance (live and learn!), so I had to reglue wood, etc.

Someone, somewhere has previously removed the iris from the lens, and the viewfinder is also absent so it's a display camera for now.

Heck, I could still shoot with the lens wide open but it just don't feel right if it ain't all there..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Home made waterhouse stops screwed into the lens? Off beat, but it could work.
    my real name, imagine that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin