Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,824   Posts: 1,581,970   Online: 871

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya C3 Professional TLR film advance crank

Hi folks --
    One of my favorite cameras is a Mamiya C3 I've had since last winter. It functions quite well, but there's a few things about it I'd like to improve if possible.

Foremost, the film advance crank is missing; the round plate on the camera's side only has the metal nub with a hole through it. To advance the film I turn the plate/nub, which works well enough for now, but I'd like a replacement crank. If someone out there in APUG-land has a replacement or an extra, I'd be very thankful and would gratefully pay for it plus shipping as necessary.

Less importantly, the Lock/Unlock knob is somehow broken; it wobbles back and forth rather freely. I don't use it at all, so I'm not sure it's worth getting professionally repaired.

Also, the focus mechanism isn't working quite correctly. I can't focus to infinity, only to 3 ft/65mm or 5 ft/80mm on the scale before the focusing mechanism stops abruptly.

Any helpful hints or tips would be appreciated. I love this TLR and want to get it back operating as well as possible.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottrdaemmerung View Post

Also, the focus mechanism isn't working quite correctly. I can't focus to infinity, only to 3 ft/65mm or 5 ft/80mm on the scale before the focusing mechanism stops abruptly.

Any helpful hints or tips would be appreciated. I love this TLR and want to get it back operating as well as possible.
    I don't know about the rest of your issues, but I saw a similar focus problem on my Flexaret TLR when I was taking the viewing assembly apart to replace the focus screen - I dropped a small screw inside the camera, and the screw ended up blocking the focusing mechanism so that the focus indicator stopped significantly short of infinity. After shaking out the screw, all was good again.

So, perhaps a small piece of something is stuck in the camera. Not sure how to get it out in your particular case, however - maybe take off the ground glass, focus as close as possible, and try shaking it out.

Good luck!
    Last edited by mabman; 10-15-2010 at 10:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bump... Still looking for a crank for my Mamiya C3 TLR, in case someone has a parts specimen or a spare.

I recently spotted someone on the auction site selling C330 cranks. Does anyone know if one of these would work? Thanks.
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin