Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,542   Online: 988

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    All the cars at the Radio Control nationals (held in Independence, OH every year) and just about every other race use soldered battery packs. Thats how I learned how to make packs.
    http://www.inlandcraft.com/howto/bat...tery_packs.htm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9618d1046412929-team-orion-platinum-battery-bars-2-5-ag-silver-content-solder-umh.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	40868

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    All the cars at the Radio Control nationals [have] soldered battery packs.
    That doesn't make it the right way to connect batteries. From what I can gather with a Google search, the practice of soldering up battery packs is confined to the RC model racing fraternity. OTOH, soldering to battery terminals is proscribed by all battery manufacturers. I imagine people can make up their own minds on the matter.

On a serious note: soldering to a Li battery can cause a small explosion or fire with lots of chemical smoke, don't try it.

Tabbed batteries, designed for soldering, are easily available and are easy to use with no special technique needed. There is no reason for not doing a battery replacement in a reliable and safe manner.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin