Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,585   Online: 943

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron LarFor4X5 View Post
    I Cringe To Think Of The Cost Of A Digital Back, for that BadBoy !
    Peraps a 35mm adaptor to take 1" x 17" panoramic shots. You might get two to a roll.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I don't mess with stripping off the back of the x-ray film. I print carbon transfer and the x-ray negatives that I develop in Pyrocat-HD for 7 minutes give me a great density range and some very nice prints so I see no need for the extra work.
    Jim
    Jim, that's good to know. Thanks!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jon, no problem. That does have me thinking though. Could it make better prints? I'd have to test it out but I'm happy with the results that I have now. Maybe after all of the camera building and trips and teaching is done. Some time next year... I think.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Did the finish work on the back box and front standard. Polished the Walnut to 1500 grit! Made some of the brass parts that I need and figured out the geared rise on the front lens board. Need to get some longer bolts so I can get the front swing in order. It is starting to come together. Need to figure out the front bellows frame and see about getting the bellows ordered.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim,

How do you mount the bellows to the frame? On the inside, or the outside? Staples and glue? Then, how is the bellows frame mounted to the front standard? I assume that it is screwed into the standard so that the screws do not go through the bellows material?

Jon

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jon, that is a good question . I had to look at the last camera I built (the 11x14) so I could tell. It is glued to the frame on the inside. The back is very tight to the inside of the box and the front I'm going to make it like I did the 11x14 in which the bellows frame slides into place and then is secured with brass fittings like my Zone VI. Once you see it it is not to hard to do.

Jim

Hey Jim, happy to see your camera is coming together. I finally got all my wood sorted and will begin cutting next week. This teaching gig gets in the way of everything! Looks like my camera will way a ton or so. Oh well, as long as it works. I'll most likely make my own bellows, but we'll see. I'm planning on it attaching to a frame, which will then be screwed to the inside of the rear standard and backside of front standard.
    I wanted to ask you what DR are you getting with a development time of 7 minutes? Funny, I use the same dilution as you, but develop (tray, int agitation, 21C) for 14:00 to get a DR of 1.70 on xray. I am using the green latitude stuff. Perhaps that is why?
    Making tissue today. Just realized the clocks went back one hour last night!! Yes! One more hour of tissue making!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi Jim,

Looks like you'll have it done in time for Joshua Tree - or should I plan on a trip over to Matt's some weekend to check it out? If so, let me know when you guys are getting together to work on it and I'll try to make the trip to Riverside. Looks like it's coming along very well and I'm looking forward to seeing it when completed.

Now - tell me the truth - is this the last one????????

Dan
    Dan's website: www.dandozer.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Okay taking a break from developing the 11x14 and 8x20 negatives from my last two trips. So far they look great.

Andrew, just looked at my x-ray negatives from my Zion trip and they are all above 2.00. I even have one that is 3.13! This was the inside of an old building shooting through to the brightly lit outside. Can't wait to print that one! I do my 8x10's in a tank. The x-ray negatives were the last of a batch of Efke 25 that I used 2:2:100 on and they came in around 1.70-2.12 DR. I thought why not use the same developer and guess what it gave me nice negatives even after several sheets of Efke.

Dan unless they start making x-ray film in 20x24 or 16x20 this is it! It is going to be nice and it is looking good. Matt and I are going to work on it the weekend after Thanksgiving. Friday-Sunday. Come on by if you have time. It would be great to see you.

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Jim,

I seem to remember after the 11 x 14 you said that was it. We'll wait and see if you go any farther!

Thanksgiving weekend works for me - I'll come over one day and bring some beer and some of my latest and greatest for you both to enjoy/critique.

Dan
    Dan's website: www.dandozer.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin