Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,412   Online: 869

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    jon.oman, I plan on doing the ziplock bag method with 14x17 xray in a flat bottomed tray. Works very well for 8x10, with very little solution required. I tested a heavy duty black plastic garbage bag and that also worked very well.
    Thanks for the additional information Andrew!

I tried a 16x20 black plastic photo paper bag last night, and it worked much better than plastic garbage bag, due to it being thicker/stiffer.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    X-ray film is nice to have for alternative printing. I've done some more work on the camera but I will have to get some more pictures done when I can. Teaching a one on one carbon workshop this weekend so it will have to wait. I did get the geared rise and fall and the front swing done. Need to attach the gear tracks for the rise/fall and the front standard and bed will be pretty much done. Going to start on the back bed assembly. Looks like I'm going to put shift, swing and tilt on the back. It is starting to look real good.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Put the front standard together last night. Still need to finish some brass work and do the tilt for the lens board but it is looking good. BTW the size of the front is 23" tall and 16" wide if anyone is curious.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front standard assembly.jpg  

Finally started building my 14x17. Got the base and, bed rails done. Will start on the frame for the back next week hopefully. I'm really taking my time with this. Jim, how's it going?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Finally started building my 14x17. Got the base and, bed rails done. Will start on the frame for the back next week hopefully. I'm really taking my time with this. Jim, how's it going?
    Andrew, I finally decided to stop teaching carbon and concentrate on the camera this month. Still have some negatives to develop, make carbon prints and finally get my website up and running and build the camera! Oh, forgot going to Zion at the end of the month.

So here is where I'm at. I put the front tilt on today and I need to make some minor adjustments to it but it is done. The bottom back bed is done and I've cut the slots in the side of the rail for the bed to slide on. I have to cut the slots for the gear track and get that installed and then do the back. I sent my frames to Custom Bellows in England. The bellows is $395.00. It will be 36" long. Hope to get it in about 4 weeks. By then I should have everything else done. More pictures when I can.

Jim

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Very cool Jim!
    So why worry about 16x20 when 14x36 xray film is only $40 for 25 sheets?
    Think outside the box/room/house
    regards
    Ed

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eworkman View Post
    Very cool Jim!
    So why worry about 16x20 when 14x36 xray film is only $40 for 25 sheets?
    Think outside the box/room/house
    regards
    Ed
    Ed I've already got a box of 14x36 x-ray film! No, I'm not going to build a 14x36 pano camera I've already got the 8x20 for that. It would be cool to have one though. I use the 14x36 x-ray film as tissue support for my 11x14 and 8x20 carbon.

Jim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Jim,
    I'm very attentively following your progress on this project. I had Andrew talk with the photography club here at UBC and we got to the topic of ULF cameras. I'm planning a 14x17 camera project for this summer (if things go well the rest of the term). I hope the rest of your project goes smoothly and that you start taking photographs soon!

-Thomas

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samuraiwarrior2 View Post
    Jim,
    I'm very attentively following your progress on this project. I had Andrew talk with the photography club here at UBC and we got to the topic of ULF cameras. I'm planning a 14x17 camera project for this summer (if things go well the rest of the term). I hope the rest of your project goes smoothly and that you start taking photographs soon!

-Thomas
    Thomas, thank you and I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes. I will post some updated photographs soon. I'm working on some of the detail items right now. Ground Glass clips, making lens boards, inlaying brass strips etc. I'm going to get the back base and back with the GG done soon. I need to be sure of film holder dimensions. I have some wonderful S&S holders ( thanks Sandy!) to use as my guide. I'm going to cut the gear track and set the rails this weekend and I finished the front tilt already. The front standard has geared rise and fall which came out nice. I have a case of 14x17 x-ray film in route and if anyone needs some at a very good price just let me know.

Jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin