Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,067   Online: 727

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Well, here is an update for those who may be interested. Got an e-mail from Custom Bellows this morning asking me to pay for the bellows. They are now on the way. Working on the back/GG and some metal pieces and I should be done in about two weeks or so. I'll post some new images when I can.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Jim, I've started to work on an 11x14, it's going to be one using on old Kodak for parts. I need to find one Fidelity or the like film holder. I can't afford the S&S right now but I want to get going at something.

I still have the parts to make a Dorff model type model but this will be quicker until I have a bit more time. Your camera is really nice looking from the photos. I want to go to Joshua Tree get together but I can't get there without spending a bunch of money. My truck needs a new tramissiom so it's parked. I'm probably going to sell it and the trailer, I need an economical way to travel and photograph.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Curt, thanks. Keep an eye out on the bay and other sites for parts. I got very lucky when I built the 11x14. I found a bellows that fit perfectly and the back from a studio Deardorff that made things a lot faster and easier. Hope to see you in JT. I will unveil the 14x17 there.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Jim,

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations! I cannot wait to see the results.

P.S. It's big!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Congratulations! I cannot wait to see the results.

P.S. It's big!
    It is big! Doesn't look that way now but when the bellows get here and I put them on that is when you see how big it is.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim, this is awesome. I can't wait to see the unveil in JT and the logistics of it all - maybe I can learn something to motivate me to bring my micro format (8x10) around.
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Jim, Looking great your project there. When is the Joshua Tree get together this year? I would like to make it if possible.

Jim Steel

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weldonshooter View Post
    Hi Jim, Looking great your project there. When is the Joshua Tree get together this year? I would like to make it if possible.

Jim Steel
    Jim, it will be February 26-27 this year. Hope to see you there.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Some recent photos .... good ones!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14x17-front-standard.jpg   14x17-rear-standard-movemen.jpg   14x17-side-view.jpg   14x17-under-construction.jpg   jim-and-14x17-with-packard.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin