Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,223   Online: 893

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Just thought I'd let everyone know that my bellows came in from Custom Bellows in the UK. I hope to have the 14x17 done this weekend. I'll be sure to post some new pictures.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been silently following this thread for weeks now... Now I'm ready to bust!!' can't wait to see it!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It's worth the wait as I spoke with Jim today and the camera will be ready this weekend. Stay tuned.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I saw the bellows yesterday at Matt Blais home where I had it shipped. I have to say the bellows is fantastic. They put it on my frames perfectly. It has 36" draw and compresses to about 1 1/2". It really puts the size of the camera into perspective when I see it. Going to do final assembly this weekend. I hope to set it up in downtown Riverside on Sunday for its maiden voyage!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck with it, Jim...can't wait to see it!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Paul, thanks I know we will get plenty of pictures of it to post.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Okay, here it is in all of its glory! When you build any camera there are things that just take time. This weekend was a long one and we managed to get the camera done but we were not able to expose any film. Just to tired and ran out of time and the wind came up. I still have some adjustments to make and some refinements but I could shoot with it if I so desire. My good friend Matt Blais gets a lot of credit for months of help and putting up with my insanity. The camera came in at 22 LBS. My walnut tripod and Gitzo head with Matt's sliding tripod block make it very stable. Setting it up is slow, (ya think!) and I'm not going far from the truck until I get the rolling cart built. It came out very, very nice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14x17-full-side-view-with-b.jpg   14x17-back-view-with-bellow.jpg   14x17-finished-back.jpg   14x17-front-detail-with-24-.jpg   14x17-front-nob-detail.jpg  

14x17-front-view-with-bello.jpg   14x17-front-with-bellows-an.jpg   14x17-side-view-finished.jpg   14x17-with-24-inch-artar-fr.jpg   14x17-with-bellows.jpg  

Jim-With-14x17-#1.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That is completely inspiring Jim!! Congratulations!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Marc, thank you very much. I'm exhausted from this weekends final construction. It does feel good looking at this beauty on my dining room table. I'll post some better images later. Just wanted to get some out there for anyone who has been following this thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amazing...congratulations...!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin