Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,060   Posts: 1,561,604   Online: 809

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Glad to hear it.

As you have probably found out by now, smoothing the cut edges with some fine sandpaper on a block will make the slides much more pleasant to work with, as will rounding the leading corners. Then, a bit of paste wax and you're good to go.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes I eased the edges with fine sand paper and rounded the lead corners. Hadn't thought of the paste wax, any kind in particular?

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good going Roger, that's the way I would do it, I use an older 10" table saw with a nonferrous blade and clamp aluminum sheet down on the saw and raise the blade to make slots. I would however use the Powermatic 66 I have to do just what you did on your saw to make clean cuts with a zero clearance setup.

Best,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rather than cut the material through it is often possible to snap it. Score both sides heavily with a utility knife, put the score over a sharp edge and press down on the free end. You may need to turn it over and repeat to get the cleanest snap.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin