Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,696   Online: 846

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Rollei SL66 trouble, service manual needed...

My SL66 is stuck (again). After using a newly acquired polaroid back, the mirror is up and the shutter will not fire. Does anyone what to do? I have the adress of a good repairman, but I wouldn't mind having a go myself. I noticed that under the leatherette on the upper right hand side are a couple of screws to open the camera's right hand "compartment', but also a tiny hole positioned against one of the shuttercurtain roling bars. Does anybody what this little hole is for?

Thanks in advance,

Jaap Jan Helder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.rapidsharegfx.com/downloa...epair+pdf.html Is deze link iets? Je dient je wel te registreren.

Succes

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Having the repair manual for an item is of little help to actually repair it unless you have the skill, tools expertise and test equipment to successful complete the repair, I'm was trained as a precisions engineer for five years in my youth, and worked for twelve years in a company who made components for the aircraft industry and I have repair manuals for several of my cameras but the more I study the electrical and mechanical complexity of the mechanism in the manual the more it puts me off attempting it, and to leaver it to a professional.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 12-07-2010 at 04:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz View Post
    http://www.rapidsharegfx.com/downloa...epair+pdf.html Is deze link iets? Je dient je wel te registreren.

Succes

Hans
    Anyone able to get that download to work?

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think the general advise is don't try it, leave it to the professionals!

The SL66 is one of the most complex mechanical cameras ever made, and there is a massive difference between unjamming, and fixing it. I'd not even try giving it to a general "all makes all models" repairer, even though I have one who I trust with pretty much everything else. (And indeed, on a suitable camera I'm not adverse to doing the work myself)

Jurgen Kuschnik over in germany is almost certainly the best guy to send it to. His prices aren't cheap, but he will do a good job, turn it around fast and warranty his shutter repairs

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks all,

I have come to my senses and did send it to Jurgen Kuschnik yesterday. I'll report back on his achievements.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin