Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,905   Online: 1046

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Revamped Kodak 2D

I made this working 8x10 2D out of a few different wrecks that were all in pretty poor shape.... I have just recently returned to the standard front end. I have another one that is modified for swings, and tilts, but I know would be challenged with the honking great Darlot I just placed on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kodak 2D and Darlot.jpg  
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow..love it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice Andrew, have you made the bellows removable so you can change front ends ?

I've just restored an Agfa Ansco, well more just the woodwork & brass and it only has front shift, I'm going to make a lens board with built in tilt, I'd drawn some plans up a couple of years ago but noticed recently that Richard Ritter makes them the same way. You might look at that idea, someone posted some images of their 10x8 withone of Richards tilting lens board on the Large Format forum a few weeks ago, in Sept or October. Not difficult to make.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian, the bellows are removable anyway.... They have a frame that holds them to the front and rear standards which you just take the screws out and you are golden.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks pretty sweet.....if you have an extra back (or at least back hardware) in your assortment of parts, I'd be interested. I have a 2D that I hacked together to work with a pretty clunky back. I wouldn't mind putting it back together right!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice!

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Very cool!
    I finally decided I really could use tilt and just finished iepoxying the first piece in the front standard to do so-now I need a screw or two each side to secure it . I also concluded that I could live without swing, mostly account I fear screwing up a 2D, and seems to be a LOT more cutting required to add it.
    The new front standard tilt thingies are scheduled to be waterjetcut next Monday- I got the brass sheet for it last nite. Then I'll face sawing the wood verticals at the top of the base horizontal. Most of the hacking will be covered by new brass, fortunately.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin