Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,894   Posts: 1,520,884   Online: 1058

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolleicord V

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you Aaron , You will understand that you did the right thing when you get your first pictures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Aaron

send it to a relaible camera tech for service, and if the leather concerns you look at cameraleathers website for replacement leatherette - they do a nice job on replacment leather at a good price - and if your technician knows you are going to replace the leather they are not going to take ages trying to get the old leatherette off in several large pieces..

I speak form experience - having been a camera tech for 20 years, and have spent too much time trying to re-stick old leatherette back onto cameras and making it look like it was all 1 piece of leather....

I'm sure someone can recommend someone local to you who will do a good job - I can if you are in Australia..
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
    I'm sure someone can recommend someone local to you who will do a good job - I can if you are in Australia..
    How I WISH I was in Australia - hahah. I'm a resident of Southern California. I know a couple camera shops around here, I'll make a few calls and see what the pricing is like for a repair.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In California (Manhattan Beach) Harry Fleenor- Rollei Repairs has a great rep but the wait can be long. He's very busy. Worth a call or an email to find out though. I has used him and the camera was perfect when I got it back. Paul Ebel comes highly recommended too, he's not in CA though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    In California (Manhattan Beach) Harry Fleenor- Rollei Repairs has a great rep but the wait can be long. He's very busy. Worth a call or an email to find out though. I has used him and the camera was perfect when I got it back. Paul Ebel comes highly recommended too, he's not in CA though.
    Thanks for the information. I just tried Harry Fleenor but no one picked up. I'm assuming the shop is closed for Christmas Eve. I'll give them a call back after the holidays.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin