Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,082   Online: 973

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Replacement for Jon's Generic Seal Repair Kit

A couple of years back I purchased a Generic Seal Repair Kit from Jon (Interslice)
    The kit is not longer available and I wonder if anybody knows of any other source with similar product.
    Thanks!

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    I had a look around and also couldn't find a generic kit, which is what I need as I fiddle with all kinds of cameras and really just want a general stock of sealing foam thicknesses, felt, etc.
    Perhaps Jon is a member?

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a few acres of 1mm self adhesive black foam if anyone wants any. We have it 1 metre wide on rolls.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've always used sticky felt with stiffened back from michaels... Never had a seal failure or light leak... Plus it's 1 dollar a sheet which is more than enough for 10 or so cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would see if you could contact Jon. Very nice guy to work with when I bought my seal kit.
    -Brian R. Beck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe he no longer sells a generic kit, someone was buying them & reselling the little critters.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    I believe he no longer sells a generic kit, someone was buying them & reselling the little critters.
    As I understand it, they were buying his generic kits and then "re-purposing" the materials into new kits with plagiarized copies of his camera specific instructions, and then selling those kits as their own.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you call John I am sure he can put one together for ya?

Otherwise....

Micro Tools has an assortment kit for $25 that hs a couple sheets of each thickness.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I would contact Jon, he made up a kit for a Minolta AL-F for me no problem. Otherwise Micro Tools is also a good suggestion, I've recently ordered from them and was quite pleased.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    If you call John I am sure he can put one together for ya?

Otherwise....

Micro Tools has an assortment kit for $25 that hs a couple sheets of each thickness.
    Thanks Paul,
    I already contacted him and he explained a problem with some guy reselling his kit. I told him I would not mind signing any "not for resell" agreement since most of my cameras are not part of the kits.
    Would you mind sending the link to Micro tools ?
    Armando

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin