Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,086   Online: 979

Shooter
    35mm

Problems unloading the film on kiev-19

hello,

so, i've got this problem: i can't open the back part of the camera (where you load the film)...

So, the context of this problem is: i bought the Kiev-19 from eBay, and when i received it, i started "taking" pictures right away, because i thought there was a film already installed in the camera... i thought this because everything seemed to point to that fact (espeacially because the picture counter kept going, eveytime i "took" a photo)
    So, when the counter gets to the 36th photo, and i thought that the film had ended, i tried to unload the film... i clicked in the tape transport mechanism release button, so that the back would open... but it didn't! i took some more photos and the counter was still in the 36th photo. i realized "oh well, there's no film inside!"

that was already disturbing enough, but then i tried "to move on" and focus on opening the back, putting a new film and forget about the 36 pictures i had already "taken"... but, the thing is that now i can't open the back... i keep clicking on the button, i keep pushing the back, and i can't get it open...

can someone tell me how to do so?
    i suspect something got locked inside the camera, due to the fact of me being "taking" pictures without a film inside...
    Last edited by andremartins; 02-12-2011 at 05:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin