Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,761   Online: 967

Shooter
    35mm

Blue Horizontal Line in Negatives

I just started using another Exakta VX. The prints show a thin, horizontal line in almost every frame. The line is more visible the darker the image. I looked closely at the negatives and there it is! What could be causing this problem?
    The camera interior is clean and light-tight, the film advance and rewind mechanisms work as they should. Any Ideas?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could be grit caught in the light-trap of the film cannister. Back in my lab days, many ladies would pull their film from the deep, dark recesses of their handbags, sans container, and I'd have to spend time either cleaning the dust away with a toothbrush before loading, or destroying the darned thing in a darkbox and transferring to a processing cannister so they didn't get scratched. (Oh and some guys used to pull them straight out of their pockets on their jeans - same problem, just different garbage needing to be removed.)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin