Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,677   Online: 882

Shooter
    35mm

Rollei 35SE lens ring detached

Recently acquired this little beauty, but the metal ring with the lens identifying information "Made by Rollei" etc has come loose. I'd be grateful for info about reattaching it because it would be disastrous to lose it. Doesn't seem to click or screw in place but it looks like there are traces of some kind of adhesive under it. Obviously it doesn't want to be glued tight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rollei.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, is that my camera?!

I had the same thing happen after a very unfortunate "drop". I put some dabs of glue and stuck it back on. So far it has been ok but a little lopsided, and make sure you don't glue it so that it impedes the ability to rotate the focus.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any contact cement will do OK.
    Do not coat each surface though. A couple of dabs on the back of the ring will be fine.
    If you use it the way it's intended it may be impossible to remove the ring without breaking it when/if it ever needs service.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm

Thanks for the replies

That's really helpful - thanks. I was a bit reluctant to use adhesive but I'll just put a couple of tiny dabs on it. I've now got a UV filter that screws in, so if I leave that on it'll stop it dropping out somewhere and getting lost.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin