Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,029   Online: 840

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

f stops on the Kodak Jiffy 620

Hello all - I'm working on dialing in my newly aquired kodak Jiffy. Does anybody have any input on what the f-stops for the various apetures might be - apart from small, medium, large. The Internets (sic) have been strangely reticent on the matter. Thanks
    Neil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The f/stops on my Duaflex II are 8, 11, and 16. F/8 for open shade, f/11 for sunny, and f/16 for bright scenes on sand or snow. At least thats what is printed on the camera.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi rick,
    Thanks for the input, that seems like a reasonable idea - and prob the theory that I will work with. The camera is the mid-30's "art deco" version of the Jiffy and completely unmarked. I read around, and lot of people told the story of not even knowing it was there - even after owning it for a while.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should have added that my Duaflex is set-up to shoot 100 or 120 speed film as per the Kodak factory data. Given the age of yours, I would figure on asa 25 -50 tops. I used to have a Tourist II that I shot asa 25 handheld on a regular basis with excellent results.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    If you want to know the numbers, you'll have to measure the aperture opening as seen from the front through the lens, then divide the focal length (or distance from lens center to film; probably around 105mm for that format) by that number. With a focal length of 105mm, you'd need an opening of about 13mm for f-stop 8. 16, 11 and 8 are pretty usual for such simple cameras, but you can also just try a roll and see if the numbers are about right.

By the way, that is one great looking camera... one of the few, I'd buy for the looks alone.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin