Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,491   Online: 953

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe you can bend the end of a pin to make a hook, reach in and pull sideways on the contact. I doubt electrical contact cleaner spray is going to help much.

Usually you have to remove the foot from the flash to easily get at the contact workings. Easy on some flashes, almost impossible on others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, time to throw in the towel. I managed to free up the contacts on the flash foot, so that the are making contact with the hot shoe. It does fire once or twice, but that's it. Odd tho that it will fire without problem by using the test button.I started to disassemble the flash housing and decided to halt there. For me, it would take a service manual to go further. It seems kind of pointless as I will probably never use the flash. Like I said in the original post, it just irritates me that it doesn't work.
    Thanks to all who pitched in with help.
    Gerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin