Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,182   Online: 636

Shooter
    Multi Format

Any Idea What's Wrong With My Horseman 980?

Tonight while photographing, the track on my Horseman 980 got tighter and tighter and now it is at the point that it will not move. I've checked the track lock to make sure that it is in the unlock position. Turning the knobs does nothing now but unscrew the knobs and while the track was out (and stuck) I was able to push it back in with a little force (I know force is never a good solution). Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with the camera and how to fix it? I use this camera all the time so I really need a solution to this! Thank you!!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I took apart the track assembly and put it back together and now its working again. Could this just be the result of it jumping a thread on a gear? Very concerning.
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jumping a thread would cause binding which is what you describe, because the focus rod is no longer aligned squarely to the drive gear.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yea, that has to be what happened. I took it apart and realigned everything and all is working as it should now. That was alarming. Thanks for the help.
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quick follow up: I stripped down the track assembly of the camera tonight because it started to stick again. There was sooooooo much gunk built up in there I'm surprised it didn't explode. Gave it a nice thorough cleaning on all moving and sliding parts and the thing is smoother then it was the day I bought it!
    Francesco Fragomeni

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin