Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,949   Posts: 1,557,883   Online: 905

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    C'mon Ron, get your maths right.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I have always used Lego as the plural e.g. 'a box full of Lego'. Is it an English - American thing?
    I think so. It sounds strange to me without the 's', but that seems to be how my European friends say it (to the extent that I talk about Lego[s] with them at all, which admittedly is kind of limited).

Since the blog post is actually from a few days ago, I'm pretty sure this is a real thing rather than an April Fool's post. It seems to have some trouble with inconsistent light leaks, which I bet could be fixed with the usual velvet strips. I think I need to build one of these!

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    I think so. It sounds strange to me without the 's', but that seems to be how my European friends say it (to the extent that I talk about Lego[s] with them at all, which admittedly is kind of limited).

Since the blog post is actually from a few days ago, I'm pretty sure this is a real thing rather than an April Fool's post. It seems to have some trouble with inconsistent light leaks, which I bet could be fixed with the usual velvet strips. I think I need to build one of these!

-NT
    You may have to fight your kid for the parts.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow! Wow, I mean, just, Wow!
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    You may have to fight your kid for the parts.
    Hey, maybe I'll build him a 2x3 version and we can finally go out shooting together...

It seems like the back would be the hardest part. You have to be able to get a filmholder in and out, but when it's in it has to seal. It's not clear to me how the Legotron solves this problem, but admittedly I only skimmed the post. If I do it, I might try to find a springback instead.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    I like how you can see very faint lines on the top picture from the seams between the blocks. I bet it would be possible to maybe layer some craft paper on the inside as a sort of ersatz "flocking," but I think that's actually part of the camera's charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I have always used Lego as the plural e.g. 'a box full of Lego'. Is it an English - American thing? Or perhaps just one of those oddities like fish and chicken which could be singular or plural or fishes and chickens could be used instead.

The word which doesn't look right which I see on forums occasionally is advices. A plural form of advice? Just looks wrong to me!

Steve.
    I would say "chicken" as a plural would be for a quantity of the meat, while "chickens" would be for a quantity of the birds. My grandmother used to go out and feed the chickens, and later that evening we'd have plates full of chicken.

But to get slightly more on topic, it's like how I get my "films" out of a Red Box, but I get my "film" out of yellow or white, green and blue boxes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm waiting 6 months for the Mark II because it has live view,will shoot 1080i hd video, and has a 5x7 full frame sensor.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    Very Cool project. I'd be tempted to try that with a 4x5 removable back.

"Spec'ing it out, rounds of prototypes, proof of concept" isn't lego vernacular sorry. You sit down with a pile of legos, visualize something and build it, changing it as needed while building it. And if it's not ideal, you build it better.

Sounds like he's taking work home with him or something.
    Better would be a Rotating Back so that it would be a Legotron, Mark 2 RB!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Better would be a Rotating Back so that it would be a Legotron, Mark 2 RB!
    Even better would be The Legotron Invisible Mark IIIin RB !

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I have actually several times built Lego pinhole cameras with my students.
    Easy - fun - and you can make your own design.

We say Lego here in Dk (plural also)...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin