Well, I haven't even left yet. I popped in the brand new battery after taking a voltage measurement of 6.894V. I pushed in the battery test button and it beeped nominally for a few seconds, and then started beeping slowly indicating a dying battery again!!!
So, I let it sit for another minute and then pulled the battery out and voltage tested it again - 6.3V! Yikes. There is DEFINITELY a short happening. The shutter and meter work as intended, aperture ring is functioning correctly when taking an exposure...
So now, it's time to locate what's wrong with it. At first I thought it could be that the battery sensor is messed in the camera, but the fact that I read a plummeting battery voltage from the multimeter is a sure sign that it's abnormally consuming battery power.
Any ideas of where I should start looking for shorts?
That repair manual would be greatly appreciated if anyone has it around in PDF or image form!!!