Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,619   Online: 871

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Abram,

I sent my EF to Ken Oikawa, who has no internet presence, but he is great and he charged me $95 for everything, including shipping. Apparently he was Canon trained. He has a strong Japanese accent so be prepared to listen carefully..

Other than that, can you take the batteries to a Batteries Plus or something and have them check? Or you could take the plunge and buy a new pair, but honestly, I'd say the odds of a brand new pair of batteries being totally bupkis is slim.. unless there is some unusual circumstance regarding them.

951-246-9136
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had heard of Ken and ironically Sun City is maybe an hour from me. I hadn't asked for a quote from him though. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip!
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My pleasure, I wondered how close you were to Sun City, and I guess I should've just Googled it!

The EF is a great camera; it's probably the most feature-filled Canon of its era, having a host of mechanical & electronic features. The old F-1 has a mechanical shutter, but doesn't have speeds from 2" to 30", and the F-1n has speeds to 8" and only minimal battery-less shutter function. In that respect, it's an incredibly versatile camera.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin