Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,382   Posts: 1,683,109   Online: 939

Shooter
    4x5 Format

New camera building question.

So I've constructed a camera. My question is im trying to figure out the aperture of my "lens." I'm using a standard peephole you use in doors. i believe my measurements are accurate but have not tested it yet. can anyone know of what the aperture is or how i can figure it out. Thanks so much
    -Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Aperture number is roughly the focal length divided by the actual opening diameter. You can work out the focal length by measuring from the film to around the middle of the lens when focused at infinity. A door peephole does not have an adjustable iris so just measure the diameter of the glass.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin