Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,706   Online: 1233

Shooter
    Multi Format

Horseman Repair Expert Needed

Hi all. I have a beloved Horseman 980 that has been a dependable camera for quite a while. Recently something has been going on with the track assembly. It seems to jam up or go off the teeth. I have a history in camera repair and I've successfully disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled the track assembly several times in the past which has historically remedied the problem until now. Now no matter what I do the track wont work. It just locks up and when it does move it feel very rough. I dread that some parts may be worn out. Anyway, I need to know of a competent source that specializes in or is at least competent with the Horseman 980/ VH/ VHR series of cameras. If anyone can offer a recommendation I would be hugely appreciative. I really don't want to retire this camera. Thank you.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    KHB "Factory Authorized Horseman Repair" http://www.khbphotografix.com/

I have not used the repair services, but they did order some hard-to-find Horseman replacement parts for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you! I spoke with them and they said that it could get expensive and problematic sending it across the border with customs and brokerage fees. They said to contact Horseman USA and handle it through them before opting to send it across the border. I've googled 'Horseman USA' and 'Horseman America' and nothing comes up. I understand that Schneider used to be the US distributor for Horseman but I contacted them and was told that they no longer are. Can anyone source a contact page or website for the current American distributor for Horseman or an authorized repair expert like the one above but located in the US? Thanks again for the help.
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Large Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Oren. I looked them up and people seem to rave about their expertise. I contacted them and they said to go ahead and send it to them and they'll look at it and get back to me with an estimate. Looks like I'm sending it over their way.
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Large Format
    Great! When the dust settles, could you post a few words letting us know how it worked out?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Absolutely will do!
    Francesco Fragomeni

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin