Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,655   Online: 875

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Synchro-Compur MXV and exposure time adjustment

I have two different Compur shutters which both has same problem.
    The times 1s, 1/2s and 1/4s are precise, so are times from 1/30s to 1/100s (above that, the speed doesn't change much).

The problematic times are 1/8s and 1/15s, which both gives exactly same time as 1/100s position.

I have gone thru several synchro-compur shutters, but these two are only ones with this problem.

According to manual: http://benoit.suaudeau.perso.neuf.fr...air/06-03.html

The speed of 1/15 second can be adjusted somehow, but I just can't figure how.
    The repair manual suggest for bending detent pin but it sounds a bit brutale operation.
    As far as I understood correctly, the detent pin is the one marked in Fig 4 in this page:

http://benoit.suaudeau.perso.neuf.fr...air/04-10.html

Anyone done this? Or is it just better to not care about that and just not to use times 1/8 and 1/15s ?

Shooter
    35mm
    You can bend the pin but it will also break if you bend it too much so be careful with it.Be sure that the escapement is clean and do not over lubricate it,just a toothpick lightly wetted and and barely touching the bearing shaft bushings is enough.I sometimes dissasemble the escapment to clean it properly if I have a problem with the shutter speeds.Also be sure that the escapement is completely disengaged on the 1/500 setting.Ron G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you very much!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin