Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,889   Online: 1173

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamiya RB67 Sekor 65mm shutter stuck - help!!!

today I shot a roll of tmax400 with my RB67 to see if all is working well as I have not used it in a while.
    everything was fine until shoot nr.8 the shutter lock in halfway. see attached picture.

any ideas how to repair it. is it doable by oneslef?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_8946.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format

In your owner's manual there is a section on "releasing shutter", with the lens off the camera. This might help in your situation.
    If you don't have the manual, you can find it online thru Mike Butkus' site.

Good luck,

Jose

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rotating the pins at the back to cock n fire it didn't open it up again? May be a spring or gunked up lube.

Your lens just needs a good CLA and she'll be good as new.

To DIY does take some patience n a few tools, otherwise it is easy enough to do. I don't recomend it as a first time project, BUT unless you are willing to gamble that if it doesn't work after a DIY, nothing to lose attitude... then go for it. That's how you learn.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin