Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,733   Online: 942

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I always figured once you put Horseman rollfilm back (with a winding lever on it ) and a lens with some coverage to use the movements, there would not be much "Hasselblad" to it anymore
    I'm not getting your point?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I always figured once you put Horseman rollfilm back (with a winding lever on it ) and a lens with some coverage to use the movements, there would not be much "Hasselblad" to it anymore
    Why bother? I have better things to think about.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    I'm not getting your point?
    Actually now I see the wind crank. For a while there I thought they had marketed that for the digital crowd. Now I see it is a film camera.

Here are some color pictures of the 'Flexbody' and a list of the movements available with various lenses:
    http://harrysproshop.com/Hasselblad_...blad_flex.html
    Last edited by ic-racer; 05-12-2011 at 09:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well the "Flexbody" allows use of the Zeiss glass for hasselblad & filmbacks that some already own. Although movements are indeed limited.
    I believe it used a smaller image area by way of a mask but you could remove the mask it desired to get full 6x6. (I'm not 100% sure of specifics on this so please no one flame me on this, I got enough of that on the Cindy Sherman thread)

Okay I'm kindding about the flame remark. When someone that knows specifics please set me straight.

Now the "ARCbody" indeed uses a Rodenstock lens that affords a lot more movements.

I would image the Flexbody would still be awesome for portraiture but maybe not architecture.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Looks like a very nice project.

Just ni case you need ideas, here's a link to a less ambitious project, built by a member of the French LF forum :
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/constru...ambre-6x6.html
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe I'm off base on this, certainly wouldn't be the first time, but wouldn't there be patents on this design? I would think Hasselblad would still protect their ownership even though they are no longer making these.
    Neat cameras anyway. I think Keith Carter used one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In terms of reverse engineering, this simpler, supposed "prototype" may be easier to make: http://cgi.ebay.com/Prototype-Rare-H...#ht_7229wt_907

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I were going to do a project like this on a budget I'd just make a hassy lensmount adapter from an old body and put it on a baby Speed Graphic.

For a more involved project I'd look for a 6x9 monorail and do both a lensmount adapter and hassy film holder adapter for the back from a beat up body. Here is a neat Cambo 6x9 monorail (but the price is way off). http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Cambo-6x9-...ht_2184wt_1282

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The whole idea I think...
    was for it to be compact.
    A baby speed would probably meet that criteria but that Cambo, maybe not so much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    The whole idea I think...
    was for it to be compact.
    A baby speed would probably meet that criteria but that Cambo, maybe not so much.
    Yes, since the Hassy lenses are either 80mm or retrofocus or telephoto, that 'baby' twelve-inch rail is on the big side. But it could be cut in half .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin