Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,488   Posts: 1,644,772   Online: 797

Shooter
    35mm

RB67 lens with slow aperture/nonworking shutter

I just got an RB67 lens which has a shutter that's not working. When you fire the camera, you can watch the aperture close down, but it does so way too slowly. Also, the shutter sounds the same on every speed including the long speeds, so I'm not sure if the shutter is firing.

Is it possible to repair these or get them repaired? Sell them for parts?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Which lens (mm) do you have... C Non-C... etc?

Do you have any history on the lens? Look like it's been tampered with at all?... screw heads are the give away.

Can be just a CLA is the cure.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's a 127mm. Can you explain the "C" bit? It doesn't look like it's been tampered with. The glass is perfect. Who does CLAs on these things?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's likely to be the ring that opens and closes the blades being gummed up. KEH may do them.
    Expletive Deleted!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    C as in CLA or C as on your lens?

C as in Clean Lube Adjust.

There are several versions of lenses issued at dofferent times. The older is the non-c, then the C series lenses, NB, K and K/L. As the leses get newer the shutters seemed to have gotten scaled down in materials.

Most of the older lenses just need a good cleaning sicne they probably sat around for a long time without any real use. This is a typical malfuncion, slow n slugish shutter as old lube gets gunked up.

e-mail me if you'd like to discuss a CLA in more detail?

automax1@juno.com
    paul, nyc.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BetterSense, contact the person between your posts, he's one of the "good guys", especially when it comes to RB's.

Shooter
    35mm
    I looked at the lens closer and it's a "C" type lens.
    f/22 and be there.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin