Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,496   Posts: 1,543,050   Online: 1029

Shooter
    Large Format

Exakta VX IIa Repair/Shutter information

Folks;

I just purchased an Exakta VA IIa (I think it's version #7) and it appears to have some shutter problems--the shutter curtain remains "open" after I press the shutter release (I've adjusted the shutter speeds and made sure that I do not have the "T" function selected but, this problem continues).

Anyway, it came with a 400mm, f/4.5 Goertz-Meyer Telemegor lens which is in beautiful condition (I'm in the process of making a leater lens cap for it) so, I would like to it with the camera.

Thanks Much--Joe in Minneapolis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen a web page on making and fitting/adjusting new shutter curtains to Exacta's I'd have saved the page(s) but it's a case of when and which hard disk. You may well be able to find it with a Google search.

Using my IIb recently I found the 2nd curtain was dragging, sometimes not closing, it's eased and works again after a few cycles with no film, but is now a potential issue and like you something I need to resolve.

These Exacta's are mazing cameras, they ooze charm and nod to the pre-WWII era of camera design.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ian;

Thanks for the information. I did some seaching on the web last night, and I was able to find one of Rick Oleson's repair diagrams for the Exakta VX II A & B.
    Best Regards--Joe

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin