Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,903   Posts: 1,584,560   Online: 1044

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6x7 projector

Shooter
    Medium Format

6x7 projector

Has anyone ever tried to make a 6x7 projector? Any suggestions? I have a Rollie 6x6 projector. I am wondering if it can be stretched from 6x6 to 6x7. Well, 6x6 slides are stunning good. But I shoot mostly 6x7 now. Are 6x7 slide mounts available?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by mtjade2007 View Post
    Are 6x7 slide mounts available?
    I have been using Hama Pro-Slide AV 6x7 slide frames (article numer 1173) for the last 10 years or so. I am not sure if they are still in production because I don't see them anymore at the usual online dealers. I don't worry because I bought a lifetime supply for myself when they were still widely available.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I believe hasselblad and Rollei made MF projectors. Unsure if in 6x7. There is a German company, I believe the name starts with a k that makes brand new high quality 6x7 projectors. Prices range from a couple cheap MF SLRs on eBay to brand new camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Slide projector 6x7 manufacturer

They make them still sometimes one pop's up at ebay

http://www.goetschmann.de/

Nice machines but a bit expensive

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Take a 6x7 camera with removable WLF, remove the WLF and put plain glass in instead of the bright screen. Lay the transparency on top of it and put a 6x7 enlarging head on top of that. ;-)

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mamiya Pro Cabin 6x7 projectors show up occasionally on the big auction site.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a mint Mamiya Pro Cabin 6x7 that hasn't been getting as much use lately (new portra is too good). PM if you're interested.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use the Gepe glass 6x7 slide mounts for my favs. Very easy to use. Still available new.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    dpurdy: have you actually tried that? I'd consider getting a busted RB67 and 180/4.5 to do it with but would want to make sure that the additional height of the film above where the focusing screen would normally lie doesn't prevent focusing at a reasonable distance/magnification. Of course, you could do a similar thing at the back of the camera and there's a little more room there, but not so simple as just laying the chrome on a flat surface; there would need to be leaf springs or something to hold the slide in a fixed location. And a normal enlarger head won't be powerful enough, a HID lamp will probably be necessary.

Wess mounts are still being made by BCA Manufacturing, including with glass (item #IGA067). I emailed them for a price; it was good except for shipping to AU, which was not so much.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Many thanks to everyone's input. I already have a Rollie 6x6 projector and it works great. It is not a rare one. I assume many people own it too. I am wondering if anyone ever tried to widen it a little to make it 6x7. It's probably very difficult if not impossible. Glad to hear that 6x7 slight mounts are available. I will try to get some first. At least I can view them on a viewing table. At the moment I can't afford to buy one. Thanks for the offer, Arpinum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin