Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,332   Online: 1054

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

SRT101.. material in light path.

Actually, I'm not sure of the terminology so I have attached a couple of pics of the problem. What looks like shutter curtain fabric is hanging down into the frame area. Since the shutter moves horizontally, and this is hanging from above, I am puzzled as to what it is. It looks as if it was clamped/pinched between a fabric covered bar, located at the top of the negative area. I hope my description makes some sense. It is a very nice body, but probably not worth a trip to a tech. Any thoughts on this problem?
    Thanks,
    Gerry

I also included an image showing the effects of the problem. Of course, no problem was apparent in the VF. All images from the roll show the same results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SRT101 shutter curtain hang up web.jpg   thermometer with shutter curtain hang web.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's part of a light trap. LOck the camera on B. and gently pull it out.
    When you look at the mirror(bottom you can see two small "fingers" coming from the sides. The fabric slides under those "fingers".
    That's all there is to it. Use tweezers, it's easier.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    THANK YOU. It tucked right in there. I'll just keep an eye on it, to make sure it stays in place. I really didn't want to give up on this as it is a lot of fun to use.
    Gerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your light seals look pretty close to being shot around the rear film door as well. Hop on the '*bay' and look for 'interslice' For $10 you get a kit with all you need, saving patience, and rubbing alcohol, from a reputable vendor, Jon Goodman, of Texas. He packs his materials, cut to fit your camera, along with excellent instructions, and promptly mails it to you.
    my real name, imagine that.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Your light seals look pretty close to being shot around the rear film door as well. Hop on the '*bay' and look for 'interslice' For $10 you get a kit with all you need, saving patience, and rubbing alcohol, from a reputable vendor, Jon Goodman, of Texas. He packs his materials, cut to fit your camera, along with excellent instructions, and promptly mails it to you.
    That's seldom--if ever--been a source of light leaks for me compared to a melted seal at the back/body hinge. It's a simple DIY job with readily available adhesive-backed foam. I'm not a huge fan of Goodman's kits.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interslice makes a good kit and I have used him many times but for the same money I can buy black felt, hobby glue, an exact-o knife, metal ruler and tweezers to do about twenty cameras. It is not all that hard to DIY, all it takes is a little patience and a steady hand. Check out Matt Dentons site for his how to's on different cameras. I have several srT cameras that are still in use after being resealed in this manner in fact I do all my cameras this way.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin