Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,054   Online: 823

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

N75 pop-up flash broken

I have an N75 that my wife likes a lot, but the pop-up flash doesn't fire. It pops up automatically when the camera is in auto mode, and the camera sets a speed that seems reasonable for flash, but then it doesn't fire and the lightning bolt flashes after you take the shot. This is sad because my wife likes this camera and the pop-up flash is just what she needs for most of her shots. Is there a common, easily fixable problem with these, or should I just junk it and buy another?
    f/22 and be there.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think an SB 400 will work on that camera, I might be wrong but if it will that is a cheep solution that will give great results.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    35mm
    I have an SB28 which works fine; however my wife is very small and it's the lightness of this camera that gets her to use it. Any shoe-mount flash at all will make the camera too big. I'm afraid she's probably better off with a point-and-shoot unless I can get this fixed.

By the way, what is the cheapest standard or 35mm lens that will fit this camera and work with the auto modes? I would like to have my 50/1.4 back...
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Even an SB-800 will do the job.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recommended the SB 400 because it is small and reasonably priced, once you stray from that you might as well hit ebay for a new body. I hate to say it but those popup flashes are not all that robust, or easy to repair.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For $35 I'll bet you could get a new body.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    For $35 I'll bet you could get a new body.
    To whom do I send the money??

I would like a fit 18 to 21 year old male hard body to replace my body with a complete body replacement. That way I could do one recovery and one rehabilitation instead of the damn piece-wise process of part replacement.

Please advise, ASAP!!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Me too!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Aren't these Nikon cameras a-dime-a-dozen on ebay?

Shooter
    35mm
    You can get them pretty cheaply, but I wanted to fix it for two reasons. One, I overpaid for this camera here on APUG on the assurance that it worked properly, but it turned out that the flash was broken (the pop-up flash is the primary reason I bought it). Second, we are going on vacation in a couple days and I don't have time to order and take delivery of a new one.
    f/22 and be there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin