Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,455   Online: 967

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ricus, would you like me to check around Canada on your behalf" Might be cheaper to get a whole new camera. Bare

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The shutter is not a module in this camera. The curtain would be replaced.The patch solution will work but gaffer tape is too thick.
    If you can get a piece of shutter curtain online that's going to be the best material.
    I also wouldn't use Gorilla glue it's polyurethane and one surface has to be moistened and the glue expands while it cures.
    Pliobond is what I;ve used here but any contact cement should work. Apply it using a toothpick not a paint roller!
    Someone here may even have a torn shutter to send you.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, I have emailed both Eric at Pentaxs and Harrow Technical. I'll wait for their replies.
    IF it's too expensive I'll have a nice doorstop/paperweight, and I'll look around for another body.
    All in all it's been a crappy week for me...

Maybe I could sell it for parts, the rest of the camera (except the sticky mirror) seems fault free and in good nick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Is that flicker of hope...

Ok, Harrow Technical has replied. They say it might be patchable (depending on the tear's size) but not replaceble as Pentax doesn't make replacemant curtains anymore.
    (and at a good price too, incl a full service.)

Now just to wait for Eric's reply, than I'll know what's what.

Looks like the LX is not out of the woods yet, but I'm one step closer to knowing.
    Last edited by Ricus.stormfire; 07-01-2011 at 04:34 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added something

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK. I am now the owner of a doorstop/paperweight with OTF metering. There is nothing that can be done to save this LX. Thank you all for your replies/suggestions, much appreciated.

Ricus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How large is the tear anyway? It's a shame to let something like that just be a decoration.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good news

After talking to the seller, he has agreed to refund me.
    I will look for another lx, maybe save a bit and get one that was recently serviced.

Thank you all

Shooter
    35mm
    Shame about the LX - good that you're getting a refund. I used to have one and loved it. I had to sell it (reluctantly) in the end - wish I'd kept it.

Keh.com has a few for sale - starting from about US$400 - what's your budget?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good luck finding a replacement. I got mine last year from KEH at a much better price than they are asking now, and really like it. It's a great camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've decided to throw my search for a LX on the backburner. I think I'll use the my budget to CLA my MX, my own & my wife's K1000s.

One thing I really liked of the LX, is it's size, it fits in (size wise) between the other two cameras, so it fits like a glove, this is a major selling (or should that be buying) point (along with OTF metering, dust/moisture seals, interchangable focussing screens, it's black etc. etc.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin