Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,864   Posts: 1,583,194   Online: 786

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've seen a few references to roll film holders modified for panoramic format. Does anyone have detailed instructions?
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure it is worth the trouble. This Google search will take you to my reasons why: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22ad...fe=images&tbs=

Shooter
    35mm
    I did a simple modification to a spare dark slide for my RB67, cutting about half the material lengthwise. The APUG thread about this is here. Some other contributors to that thread made some useful suggestions regarding actually converting a back. Anyway, the dark slide trick gives me two individual ~26x70mm frames per standard 6x7 frame, and I am free to shoot a whole 6x7cm frame at any time. When composing, you just have to remember that the top of the viewfinder image is the bottom of the film holder, and vice versa.

Also, I want to convert a 220 back for my RB67 into a 35mm pano back, but this is still one of many planned projects sitting in a box full of spare parts.

Some have said that they don't see the reason to do any of this, but I learned to shoot on slide film, and was taught to crop in-camera. As a result I like to compose for the final print, with minimal cropping. The pano dark slide gives me that option without carrying (not to mention BUYING) another camera.
    Last edited by rthomas; 06-30-2011 at 07:04 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added info

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scroll down half way on this page http://somakray.blogspot.com/search/...20construction and they is a bit about it

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin