I remembered reading about a person with a Minolta X-700 that had a stuck lense. I thought at the time, well, that is good information to know if I ever have that problem. Well, guess what. My x-700 had exactly the same problem and so I did a search on here for the posting of that problem. I was able to get the lense off and see that the stop down tab had some scratches on it. I have two advantages to fixing it that the other guy may not have had. I have another X-700 so I was able to study it before I went at the bad X-700. I also have a digital vernier calipers and measured the good camera and the bad camera from the flange down. On the good camera, I came up with .350in. On the bad camera I had .343 I think it was. That is only 007in. off which is about the thickness of three human hairs. So I got in there with a needle nose pliers and bent it to within .001in. of the good cameras reading. It seems to work great now. Thanks APUG. That would have been a repair job that would have cost $40 if they agreed to work on an old camera like the X-700. I will be more careful in the future about putting lenses on.