Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,088   Posts: 1,635,851   Online: 1104

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Rapid Production of Complete Lens

I think there is an open oppurtinity for whom wants to create its fantastic design for lenses.
    I found that military prefers polycarbonate and acrylic polymers to order their missile lenses. If there was any optical problem , missile at 3 mach speed couldnt hit the airplane which travels at mach 2.
    Short , there are many rapid prototyping companies which produces PC and acrylic optical systems like car lamp housing , stop light housing with a quality like it is coming from injection molding. Excellent.

Umut

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A great technique, indeed.
    If I only would be good enough to to calculate and design a new viewfinder for my SWC, printed as 1 piece, spirit level included.

Some basic quality coating could be done by the local optician (they also work with these materials, don't they?).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yes , they do. And someone looking from the front of your homemade viewfinder , he would scare to see a 2 inches diameter eye following him

Is there optical designers at APUG who could help us to guide which lens designs are suitable to PC , Acrylic combination designs ? If I am not wrong , any complex lens design have a refraction index , abbe number use tight rules. You cant make a Leica design out of every glass , its designed for specific glass.

I became OSLO lens design software list member and moderator directed me to look some famous scientists plastic aspherical lens designs. I think I will be a member again and ask more specific question.
    There is LensView software with thousands of lens design cad files. You can request some free design drawings from the list. And I will look to the patents for these plastics. Google patents are our friend.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    interested...but i've no experience about lens making..
    so , i'll start to read & learn from you all

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin