Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,392   Online: 1017

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Umut, a quote from another study..
    *note - the original Russinov's design dates back to the late 30's..

..it was not till the International Congress at Stockholm in 1956 that the first super-wide angle aerial camera and lens of good cartographic quality appeared outside the Soviet Union in the form of the Wild RC 9 camera with the f/5.6 Super Aviogon lens. The lens designer, Bertele (1957), paid tribute at Stockholm to Russinov for his highly interesting and original solution to the problem of securing adequate illumination in the picture corners, although the Super Aviogon design differs considerably from that of the Russar series. Since then, the development of super-wide angle cameras and lenses has gone ahead rapidly. With the introduction in 1968 of the Super Aviogon I1 for use with the RC 10 camera, the Pleogon S for the Zeiss (Oberkochen) RMK cameras and later the Super Lamegon as part of the Zeiss (Jena) 9/2323 camera, there are now a number of super-wide angle lenses available which combine low distortion ( < 10 pm), fast speed (up to f/4) and good illumination. Probably photography produced with these lenses exceeds in quality that produced by the Russar series, but the contribution of Russinov and his associates to this area has been notable and fundamental.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Another detailed patent relates to chromatic aberration correction and selecting the glasses.

Lockheed Martin , 6950543
    Attached Files

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Georg ,

Optics Research and Industrialization have a long history at Russia , They did not build Russia after WW2 with few german scientists.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Absolutely!
    Looks like the US folks dig into as well and unclassified some of it...
    http://www.dtic.mil/docs/citations/AD0295460 - WIDE-ANGLE, WIDE-APERTURE OBJECTIVE, THE KINO-RUSSAR 7

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Georg ,

Do you know where can I find Russian Glass Catalogs , Roosinov time.
    Look at google patents , there is a patent from Roosinov from late 50s. I bet your link is that lens.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    http://glassbank.ifmo.ru/rus/adv_search.php

This is the only free database on Soviet , Russian , Japanese , German and may be more optical glasses and searchable database.

Use google translate , English page is not responding.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Georg ,

Do you know where can I find Russian Glass Catalogs , Roosinov time.
    Look at google patents , there is a patent from Roosinov from late 50s. I bet your link is that lens.

Umut
    Yes, the link is for one of the Russar variations.
    As far as I know, Russinov patented it in Russia in the 30's and in US in the 50's.

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Umut, You have PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin