Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,719   Posts: 1,483,128   Online: 1218

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

For Who wants to fully test lenses - Scientific Paper 1A

Calculation of Optical Transfer Functions from Optical Design Data
    Splitted PDF 1A
    Download others also .

If you want to see all aberrations , character of a lens , you have to find transfer function first. This paper tells the story of an example lens and its transfer function calculation.
    Remember , If you need to find the transfer function , you have to know glass refraction index calculation values from the glass catalog. There must be two numbers and calculation, transfers these two values to all refraction indexes of glass for all visible light wavelenghts. Single refraction index value does not work for you.

Than the other paper comes to mind.Paper X

It helps to find Zernike aberrations.
    Zernike aberrations is way to design or test the lens.
    There are multiple zernike aberrations and a way to optimize all to merit function.
    Merit function is a final note for optimization software , calculations , all mathematics involved and least the number , better the result.

Better result can be a desired error mix also for desired look of the lens.

I want to test with these papers Glatzel , Mandler , Berek , Roosinov lenses.

MTF graphs and look tells me there is a lot of desired aberrations at Leitz designs and I want to find what is inside.

There is a heated debate to optimize lenses successfully for 70 years and better designer is the better mathematician and the software code designer.
    Best example is Zeiss, Erhard Glatzel.

These are all I know.

Umut
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 08-15-2011 at 07:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Paper 1B

Splitted PDF 1B

Download others also
    Attached Files

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Paper 1C

Paper 1C
    Splitted PDF 1C

Download others also
    Attached Files

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Paper 1D
    Splitted PDF 1D

That is last part of the paper.
    Download others also
    Attached Files

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    New Paper.

For use with the help of paper at the top.

PAPER X
    Detailed description of the ENZ
    approach
    Joseph J.M. Braat, Peter Dirksen, Sven van Haver, Augustus J.E.M. Janssen
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 08-15-2011 at 07:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do we need special clearance for this? It looks like classified governement information.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like to leave lens testing to the people who get paid by the manufactures to do it, I use Canon lenses and they are better than my ability, I have enough problems trying to shoot good pictures.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    Do we need special clearance for this? It looks like classified governement information.

It looks to me as if these documents are classified both in Britain and the USA, although I don't know where Mustafa got them from,I appreciate he has posted them out of scientific interest but it looks to me like he could get himself into a lot of trouble if they haven't been declassified.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 08-15-2011 at 08:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Ben ,

visit www.dtic.mil , there are millions of reports are ready for public use. Have fun , you can learn about optics with these reports spreading in one century. Funny , people were scaring for copyright infringement now , for the spying !

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    As I read the first report again , I discovered abbe number must be calculated for each wavelenght also. There is the termimology at report , extract it from report and find the values from glass catalog.
    One of the hardest thing for a optical designer is to find correct abbe and refraction for each glass and wavelenght from only looking to two numbers for each. There is a new patent from Lockheed Martin which solves this problem. If you look Lockheed Martin Lens words at Google Patents , you find the algorithm.

Umut

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin