Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,930   Online: 867

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Hmm, but if his FL is doubling (we could all hope to be so lucky)
    Well, it only works that way on a symmetrical lens. Other designs behave differently, and in ways that I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    then he's gonna run out of bellows it sounds like.
    Oops. Didn't think of that.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    just wondering if anyone knows what sort of coverage I can get out of a Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 1:6.3, 120mm.

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by himself View Post
    just wondering if anyone knows what sort of coverage I can get out of a Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 1:6.3, 120mm.

thanks
    Depending on whose exaggerated coverage claims you believe, anywhere between 138 mm (60 degrees) and 168 mm (70 degrees). 60 degrees is much more likely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    60 degrees is much more likely.
    thanks for the info, but that's actually bigger than I've been previously told, so maybe I should just ask the guy if I can try it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    for those of you that still may have a small interest in what's going on here - the lens in question has now been moved to the home-made view camera I have (that can be seen here http://www.apug.org/forums/forum147/...please-32.html), so instead of starting a brand new thread I thought I'd hijack my own and change course a little.

So the new camera shoots pretty much any size up to 4x5, but as you can imagine the lens won't come anywhere near that, but because the lens is on a camera with a longer extension than the plate camera some options have opened up:

the thought of buying a new lens crossed my mind for all of the amount of time it takes to do an ebay search for large format lens, so I decided to go back to some of the suggestions I already had.

taking one of the rear cells out of the shutter gives me more than enough coverage for any movements I have, but the image quality is poor and there doesn't seem to be much light getting through.

so what I've now discovered is that if I tape the dipoter from holga-polaroid back to the lens, the focal length increases (not as much as taking a cell out) without any lose of quality, and so, but here's the thing - so does my image circle, now that can't be right can it?

can turning my 105mm lens into a 150mm with the aid of a small plastic lens actually increase my image circle enough that I can swing and tilt to my hearts content, maybe not on 4x5 but certainly on 3x4 and all at infinity... I can scary believe it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin