Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,538   Online: 942

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Cameraleather dot com

Anybody know anything about them. I placed an order a while back, and now it seems they were hit by the hurricane?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    They are a great bunch to deal with. Just email or call to update delivery status. Took me about 2-3 weeks sans hurricaine IIRC.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Camera leather has a very good product, to say the least.
    I ordered a new skin for my Rolleiflex, There were a few emails then a very long wait. I actually had given up at the point the kit arrived.

It fit perfectly.

The next was a kit for my OM-1, I was prepared for a long wait and when it did arrive I was as pleased as I received the kit for the Rollei.

When dealing with Camera Leather be prepared for varying wait times but a very fine product.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks guys, thats reassuring.

Chris, I did e-mail, and thats whats got me a little concerned. About a month or so after the order was placed I thought I should check on it, so far no response, couldn't find a phone number on their site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm...I'm still waiting for an order from 2 weeks ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting site, so many colors of leather. Do it yourselfers should check exotic raw material prices on the bay to compare costs. Cutting is as simple as taking off the old leather carefully and matching, or measure and cutting with tape, or string measure from body. I might do a camera in shagreen (sting ray leather) in the future, when one of leathers starts to crack and peel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Hmm...I'm still waiting for an order from 2 weeks ago.
    Sadly, I got you beat by about a month.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Gotta say. I've only dealt with CL once. I think I got great service at three weeks. I'm sure there are horror stories. They are probably far outweighed by the good. Give it time.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While I'm not in any kind of a hurry, it would be nice to know if he got my order. I've read the "slow service" thing and was prepared for that.

As per his website, he's flooded by Irene, you just got to cut him some slack. Its not like there is anything I can do but wait anyway.

Just wondering if anybody heard anything about him.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used cameraleather.com for a lot of orders and have always been satisfied. He did respond to an e-mail I sent, I am waiting longer than usual for my latest order and he confirmed what I suspected: he's been cleaning up because of Irene.
    Last edited by Chrismat; 09-03-2011 at 09:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin