Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,959   Online: 1082

X. Phot.

Tower 45 - high speed exposures are uneven.

The exposures start to appear uneven at 1/200, 1/500, & 1/1000. At 1/200 the uneven exposure is slightly noticeable. But, at 1/500 & 1/1000 the frame is exposed only on one side. I did the "television test" for 1/100 through 1/1000 and the "sliver of light" looks even for each speed. I was curious if there might be another quick test to reveal the actual culprit here. Thanks in advance.

X. Phot.
    To alleviate any confusion, this camera is aka "Nicca 5L' . Basically, it's another Leica copy. So, it probably suffers the usual Leica ailments.

Last edited by X. Phot.; 09-07-2011 at 11:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The culprit is likely to be lack of tension in one curtain or the other. is the faded area on the wind side or rewind side of the negative?
    If it's wind side, then the second curtain is traveling too slowly.
    I'll assume the back does not open. so the guts need to be removed from the body shell. Then you need a tester to set the travel times.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

X. Phot.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    The culprit is likely to be lack of tension in one curtain or the other. is the faded area on the wind side or rewind side of the negative?
    If it's wind side, then the second curtain is traveling too slowly.
    I'll assume the back does not open. so the guts need to be removed from the body shell. Then you need a tester to set the travel times.
    Thanks for this advice John. The unexposed side of the negative is on the rewind side of the camera. At 1/1000 of a second a full 3/4 of the frame has been left unexposed. With this info I may make some headway. It does have the rear door.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With the rw side of the neg unexposed it's the first curtain running too slow. I believe the (1st)tension adjustment is the one closet to the back of the camera.
    Clockwise increases the speed. minor increments, please.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin