Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,433   Online: 1064

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by R Shaffer View Post
    I built a box that attaches in lieu of the lens board. The big packard is inside the black box and the bigger lens board has plenty of room for a big lens flange. Here are a couple pictures of it mounted to my Improved Seneca 8x10.
    That's (almost) exactly what I have in mind. How does this work with tilts and shifts? Does it exaggerate the movement at the film plane?

Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    That's (almost) exactly what I have in mind. How does this work with tilts and shifts? Does it exaggerate the movement at the film plane?

Cheers,
    Tom
    My Seneca only has rise & fall on the front standard. The back has enough tilt & swing for landscapes. So I don't know the answer to your question. I do still have the CAD drawings I made for it and I'd be happy to share. I only used a table saw and sander to build it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Seneca only has rise & fall on the front standard. The back has enough tilt & swing for landscapes. So I don't know the answer to your question. I do still have the CAD drawings I made for it and I'd be happy to share. I only used a table saw and sander to build it.
    Thanks, now all I need is a table saw.

I'd love to see your CAD drawings. They are sure to be better than my pencil scratchings.

Cheers,
    Tom

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, now all I need is a table saw.

I'd love to see your CAD drawings. They are sure to be better than my pencil scratchings.

Cheers,
    Tom

Here ya go, I added a few notes so it would make more sense. Can't help with the table saw
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Large Format
    The problem with tilts and shifts is that the lens is abit of a ways down a tunnel, and the opening of the tunnel often vignettes the back glass. the bigger the shutter and the holes in the lens boards and the smaller the aperture the less vignetting but but this setup is a problem that way. also the tilt is now way away from the nodal point.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    also the tilt is now way away from the nodal point.
    This is the problem to which I was alluding. I wonder if this presents a serious problem or if it simply means that you will have to limit the range of movements.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here ya go, I added a few notes so it would make more sense. Can't help with the table saw
    Thanks, that looks really well made. I kayak with a cabinet maker who has offered to help with any construction. I'm sure he can smooth out some of my technical limitations.

Cheers,
    Tom

Shooter
    Large Format
    This is the problem to which I was alluding. I wonder if this presents a serious problem or if it simply means that you will have to limit the range of movements.
    I think you just have to pay attention to the GG
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin