Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,493   Online: 647

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray@uptowngallery
    Is the groove for light trapping only, or is it part of filmholder retention too?
    Both, but I can't tell you what is te most important one:
    - the ridge will make sure that the filmholder sits at the appropriate place in the camera back, i.e. compared to the ground glass on which you compose the image.
    - since a filmholder without the ridge feature an open end at the side you insert it in the camera back, it would be prone to light leaks, even with velvet light trap.

G

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    What about a slot cutter in a router table with a fence?

joe

Shooter
    Large Format
    The router table w/fence is a perfect idea, but not witrh a slot cutter, which is essentially a saw blade with 2 or 4 teeth. And you'd need a horizontal table which very few people own.I would recommend a spiral bit with a downward cut. That keeps the edges from tearing up... Same thing can be done with a Dremel...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin