Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,790   Online: 1033

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Problems with Duo-Cable Release on Om2 with Bellows

Help. I need immediate assistance if possible as I was right in the middle of a shoot.

My duo-cable release on the 30th frame of a 36exp. roll has just started to misfire.

I am set at 'Bulb' and using 10,15,30 sec. exposures.

I have been using it for years and yesterday it was working fine, and today up until #30.

I shoot a frame, pull the lever and at that point I hear it firing again... like a double exposure. are the shutters perhaps out of sync? I have been using the release end needle pushed all the way out (that's was the indicator originally I needed to be set at)... do you think all I need to do is recalibrate the shutters? I hope it's not the slow speeds on the camera going out on me...

Using an OM2 with bellows.

I hope it's an easy solution as I am in the middle of a project and my backup OM2 isn't working... and yes, I need to pick up another OM2 very soon.

Hope someone can help.... Thanks.

ps. I hope this is the correct forum for this.
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Might this also be an indication the battery is starting to go?
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yay! it was the battery and we all know the Om2 is a hawg!

I don't have a manual for this setup but I am assuming because the shutters were misfiring, one is battery operated and one is mechanical. But that was an easy fix.

In case anyone else runs into this problem in the future. I use this so regularly I know they are both synced up.

APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok.. so, I thought it was the battery. I rolled through 16 frames of Adox and it started up again... took the cable release off, fired it and it was fine... then I noticed something I did not want to see..... broken cables.... obviously from the weight of the release holder letting them dangle... they need to be resting ontop the camera arrrrrrrrrr

so, now I have to spend my evening on ebay desperately trying to find a replacement... this Zuiko lens is so, so sweet too that is attached to the macro bellows. I can't use it without it and I can't fire it without the duo, so if I can't find a replacement there goes my Noir project too... I'm not too happy right now... broken cables.... phafff!

APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found one in England with a strain relief so it shouldn't happen again.... I hope.

Really sucks that this one didn't have it... so I suppose it will take a couple weeks now... what a total bummer. will have to go back to my standard macro to finish off this roll. I guess that explains the misfiring.

APUG Portfolio

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin