Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,735   Online: 801

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Take a Saturday drive up north to farm country, where sane people live, and you should be able to buy some.

Get a few gallons, bring it back into the belly of the beast, and hoard it with your canned food and bullets. (Oh! Wait! Wrong message board.)

MB
    Good ideas (all of them).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    wow really? its stuff like this... common, people have used this stuff for years.

ugh ridiculous over regulation, a burden to taxpayers and stores selling it. no one wins.
    Obivously you are not concerned about the quality of the air you breathe. Duh, you are in NYC!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Benzine, Naptha and Ligroin are 3 synonyms for the same thing. They are roughly equal to Gasoline which contains so many additives that it looks and smells quite different. Any alteration of the formula would be difficult and might render the product useless for cleaning applications.

BTW BENZINE is not the same as BENZENE. The former is a mixture like Naptha, and the latter is a pure organic molecule with a totally different structure than any of the ingredients in BENZINE.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_e007 View Post
    Just looked Naptha up on wikipedia:

So... how can anyone justify banning Naptha.... without banning cars?
    Don't worry, CARB has been working on that one for years, BBQ's are on their agenda as well. Not surprising with the population density in LA County, and all the polution held in the area by the surrounding mountains. I remember being up on a viewpoint in a national park east of LA, you could see the brown soup(air) way down there to the west.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    Don't worry, CARB has been working on that one for years, BBQ's are on their agenda as well. Not surprising with the population density in LA County, and all the polution held in the area by the surrounding mountains. I remember being up on a viewpoint in a national park east of LA, you could see the brown soup(air) way down there to the west.
    It has gotten much better since the EPA and the AQMD started regulating things such as outlawing burning of leaves and trash. On the other hand, the area always smelled better than NYC! [Just another cheap shot at post #5! My bad!]

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just get some Taco Bell and wait

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

Speaking as a former resident in and around San Diego, the Los Angeles Valley has had a reputation for years for having a "strange atmosphere." The Los Angeles Indians even talked about how the smoke from their fires would rise up to a certain level, spread out, and stay there.

Still, the criticism about the legislative banning of lighter fluid, Iso-Propyl Alcohol, and a few others, is valid, and will have interesting consequences in other industries that the guys up in Sacramento failed to consider in their "deliberations." It is comforting to know that the legislators are remarkably similar in all regions of the country, including Washington, D. C. And, D. C. is another place were I lived, so I can justify my criticism there also.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    It has gotten much better since the EPA and the AQMD started regulating things such as outlawing burning of leaves and trash. On the other hand, the area always smelled better than NYC! [Just another cheap shot at post #5! My bad!]

Steve
    Haha! I didnt know smog was so aromatic!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't know if this will help but circuit board manufacturers have switched to using orange peel oil as a cleaning agent for grease. For many years this was an unwanted byproduct of the frozen orange juice industry. They would give it away if you brought your own jug. Today you'll have yo buy it but it is environmentally safe. Try products such as Goo-Gone
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    It is comforting to know that the legislators are remarkably similar in all regions of the country, including Washington, D. C. And, D. C. is another place were I lived, so I can justify my criticism there also.
    Absolutely.

We have the best legislators money can buy.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin