Hello Everyone, its been a while since I last posted on apug. I finally got some time off work to tinker around over the weekend. Having read through the limited info online on Leo Kamm's "kammotgraph" (a precursor to the kinetiscope) I decided it should be easy enough to build one. After working out the math -each image being 4mm tall with 1mm pitch in between=roughly 64 images on a 4 inch photo paper disc. I used Agfa paper and developed in HC110 (I was out of dektol) As you can tell from the image (that's supposed to be a waving monkey puppet w/ a banana) the f1.4 lens I found has a limited DOF and my focus was way off! But somewhat satisfactory for the first test run. Some frames overlap due possible gear slippage. Although not exactly a kammotograph (as Mr Kamm's device moved disc horizontally as it spun to allow more images on the disc) I will most probably build a Model N. 2 that would do this to at least get 10 seconds. In total 60 frames @ ~16fps. Maybe my brother, who is a woodworker, should've helped me with this one! to watch, click on link:
oops! I spelt it incorrectly: "kammatograph"