Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,987   Online: 902

Thread: Help me choose!

Shooter
    35mm

Help me choose!

Hello friends,
    I am searching for a good shutter tester. I have found many good options and I have narrowed it down to two. Please help me choose, I am very new to this and it is very hard to find specifications on these two models:
    The first unit is a Kyoritsu EF-511N: price is $1500, I dont know the specs but the unit is a used unit from Kyoritsu and it comes with all the attachments and also will be adjusted and maintenanced prior to shipping.
    Second choice is a Kyoritsu EF-8301: price is $2000, I dont know the specs on this either, this unit only comes with a 35mm attachment and the last time it was adjusted was 6 years ago but according to the seller "it is precise", but this unit is more modern also.

Please help me choose. I included photo of each unit.

Many Thanks, HenryClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ef-511n (644x484).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	40907Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7429 (1024x683).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	361.5 KB 
ID:	40908

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm surprised that you are looking at shutter testers that are so expensive - you must be looking for extremely precise measurements. Sorry - I don't have any experience with either of these. I have one of the little ones from Calumet that only cost something like $100 and it has served me extremely well through the years. I don't believe they make them any more, but perhaps they might come up on the auction site from time to time.
    Dan's website: www.dandozer.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin