Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,105   Online: 860

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Building and Afghan Camera

Hi Guys

This is Lukas from the Afghan Box Camera Project.
    In regards to building a camera like the Afghan Box Camera.
    We are currently working on an illustrated manual which should be online by the end of the year.
    afghanboxcamera.com

If you one of you wants to build one right now - send me a message and I can help you out..

L

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This project looks like it will be worth the wait. Thanks.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I'm sorry for hijacking the thread, but I feel very bitter about the death of someone I once knew.
    And you thought making a racist comment on a camera forum might help with that?
    Cheers,

-ethan

blog?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanFrank View Post
    I do not think that really worth to continue this discussion
    Last edited by Romary; 11-26-2011 at 10:16 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: missing y

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Romary View Post
    I do not think that reall worth to continue this discussion
    Fair enough, my apologies.
    Cheers,

-ethan

blog?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    afghanboxcamera.com published the leaflet to explain how to build an Afghan Camera : http://www.afghanboxcamera.com/abcp_...howtobuild.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanFrank View Post
    If you consider remarks that denigrate the actions of Muslim fundamentalist who plant explosive devices that in many cases kill and maim not only soldiers but their own men women and children then I'm a racist.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    benjiboy,

Enough is enough.

I think we all understood your point of view. I already asked Ethan to stop arguing and he agreed. So, please let this discussion stay on photographic matter not on your opinion on something which have no relation with the subject.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I might possible start trying to piece everything together for an afghan camera. It looks like a great process and a great tool to understand a different way of living. Especially since I was in India over the summer and I really loved it. Come to find out I was in the same city as one of the photogreaphers on the website.

It will be a slow process but.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Romary View Post
    afghanboxcamera.com published the leaflet to explain how to build an Afghan Camera : http://www.afghanboxcamera.com/abcp_...howtobuild.htm
    Cool Thanks for the heads up!

I showed the video to my students last week and they liked it, I had them all draw the camera, photographer, and sitter to illustrate they understand the concept(with crayons). I should scan some when I have the time. The only thing I had to tell them not to do, is that we dont use our hands for the chemicals in our darkroom hehe =]

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin