Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,535   Online: 956

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Ralph,

Zeiss told him they wouldn't repair the lens. They gave him the run around and ended up telling him they couldn't do the repair unfortunately.

P.S> Hope you are well. I still owe you a print to say thanks for all the help with the transfer functions for my paper neg process. I've been bogged down with moving and renovations but I'll have one off to you when things settle down. Take care of yourself!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've just left a message on David Odess's voicemail to see if he has any ideas or a replacement front element.
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Thanks for the replies folks!

Francesco, I was told the same thing by Zeiss. They said they won't touch Hasselblad lenses anymore. Their service department told me to contact Hasselblad directly. Sadly, Hassy has a steep charge for simply requesting any quotes for service. I'll stick to the internet/local shops until I run out of other options...

Please post back if David has any ideas.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Andrew

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    Hi Ralph,

Zeiss told him they wouldn't repair the lens. They gave him the run around and ended up telling him they couldn't do the repair unfortunately.

P.S> Hope you are well. I still owe you a print to say thanks for all the help with the transfer functions for my paper neg process. I've been bogged down with moving and renovations but I'll have one off to you when things settle down. Take care of yourself!
    don'take no for an answer.they told me the same thing, but in the end, they did the repair anyway. go visit them an take your lens with you
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David said that I should speak to Hasselblad in NJ so I called them and left a message and haven't received a response yet.

I'm not sure if this guy is willing to make a trip Zeiss, lens in hand, to insist that they fix it lol.

I think as others have said, his best best is probably to sell the lens as a parts lens and buy another. I'll check out the polishing guy that Johnielvis is talking about to see if thats an option.

The black paint idea would work to reduce flare but with this lens being a super wide, DOF is more the issue. Especially with the lens stopped down, he'll definitely see the defect in the images simply because of the wide DOF of the lens.
    Francesco Fragomeni

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin