Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,546   Online: 861

Thread: KEH CLA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

KEH CLA

Has anybody experience with KEHs' lens CLA service?
    Would anybody avoid them?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've bought from KEH for over 17 years, and have had a few repairs done with them as well. They are a solid outfit, focused on customer satisfaction. Love them.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Try Essex Camera in North Jersey.......they are really outstanding and can work on everything from an old folder to an M Leica.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd like to know who does the work @ KEH.

I've talked with the "phone dude" in repairs I guess I should've asked.

I can recommend Dave Easterwood for leaf shutter and older stuff though.
    He is in Michigan.
    Knowledgeable dude and will tear down a leaf shutter completely and re assemble.

Essex has a fine rep but I have not used them yet.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    dido for Dave Easterwood. He has done everything thing for me. Great guy, great work.

Shooter
    35mm

Positive results with KEH Repair

A couple of years ago I sent a FM2n and a FE in to KEH Repair. The FM2n needed a CLA (including light seals), The FE needed a CLA, light seals, and DOF preview button repair. I sent both cameras in with instructions to go ahead with the repairs up to what would be included with the CLA price. Less than a week after packaging the cameras up, I received a call from KEH that both were finished, but they had run into a problem with the credit card info I had provided. I straightened that out with them, and I had both cameras back within a couple of days.

The cameras both looked and worked fantastic. Not only had they completed the repairs to the FE, but they felt that the ASA/rewind/exposure compensation knobs were "sloppy" and moved too freely (I had noticed that too, but just thought I'd live with it), so they replaced them as well. No extra charge.

I was thoroughly satisfied that they had gone above and beyond, both in quality of work, and speed of service.

Since then, I have had a Yashica 124 (shutter not firing) and a Yasshica 124G (hard to turn door lock) overhauled. The work was equally as impressive and service equally quick. Both cameras look and work flawlessly now.

NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL on this company. Highly recommended.

I will add, that I have had very good luck with Garry's Camera Repair as well for several 35mm SLRs. And they are lower priced, not quite as quick of turn-around, but within their stated time frame.
    Last edited by LyleB; 12-14-2011 at 01:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last year I sent them my Mamiya 645 (original version) that I had purchased new in 1984 for a CLA, the turnaround was fast and the camera works flawlessly.

Marty

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin