Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,913   Online: 943

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    John's right, of course... but think about the construction of a TLR: the two lenses are physically isolated in separate chambers. Having the lens cleaned might be a good idea anyway, but it seems like the risk of infection is limited.
    I think I'll decide whether to get it cleaned based on price, then. You're right, the construction of a TLR doesn't really allow for much in the way of spores spreading between the lenses. I'm comfortable with spending $200, maybe a little more on repairs. If cleaning the viewing lens pushes that beyond $300, I'll just learn to live with a little fungus.
    Cheers,

-ethan

blog?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a question that I've had a hard time finding an answer to. This guide shows how to fit an RB67 screen to a Rolleiflex with a removable hood:

http://www.panum.de/rolleiflex_screen.htm

I have a spare RB67 screen. Are the dimensions of the older Rolleiflex screens (like mine, a 2,8D) the same as the newer ones? That is to say, would a tech be able to cut down my RB67 screen and use it? Adding a Maxwell/Beattie screen isn't an option at the moment.
    Cheers,

-ethan

blog?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanFrank View Post
    I have a question that I've had a hard time finding an answer to. This guide shows how to fit an RB67 screen to a Rolleiflex with a removable hood:

http://www.panum.de/rolleiflex_screen.htm

I have a spare RB67 screen. Are the dimensions of the older Rolleiflex screens (like mine, a 2,8D) the same as the newer ones? That is to say, would a tech be able to cut down my RB67 screen and use it? Adding a Maxwell/Beattie screen isn't an option at the moment.
    No, the older screens are smaller. So the RB67 screen will fit even better!!

Here's someone on Ebay sellling a screen sized for the older, including a D. He gives dimensions of 56mm x 63.5mm. I have a ground glass from a Rolleiflex of that period which measures the same- 56 x 63.5mm.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolleiflex-R...item2c61a35b14

You will need to remove the hood and undo the clip springs holding the glass in place. You will also probably need to recalibrate the viewing lens to match focus with the taking lens.

I don't know the RB67 screen and its material- use that web site to see cutting methods. I have cut down square screens for Rolleis and other TLRs without problems.
    Last edited by Dan Daniel; 12-19-2011 at 01:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin